Besian Mustafa, Minister of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Development
Besian Mustafa, was born on August 14, 1984 in Prishtina. He completed his primary education at secondary and lower primary school “Dardania”, in Prishtina, and he completed high school in the gymnasium “Sami Frashëri” in Prishtina and “Auburn High School” in the USA.
He also completed his bachelor studies at La Roche University in the USA, in finance and accounting directions, as well as he completed Master studies at the City University in New York, USA.
He has a high professional experience as a manager, director and member of the board of private, public and non-profit organizations for more than 10 years.
• General Director of the Kosovo Investment Enterprise Support Agency (KIESA), 2015 – 2018;
• Director of Risk Management, TEB, 2012 -2015;
• Deputy Director of Treasury and Assets and Liabilities Management, TEB, 2008-2012;
• Risk Management Analyst, NLB Prishtina, 2008;
• Senior Treasury Officer, NLB Prishtina, 2006-2007;
• External Consultant at UNDP and OECD, 2018;
• Lecturer at Staffordshire University in Prishtina in the subjects: Risk Management, Applied Corporate Finance, Accounting, Information Management and Insurance Markets, 2013-2017;
• Lecturer at AAB College in Financial Statement Analysis, Financial Management and International Finance, 2014-2015.
Governmental Appointments and Boards:
• Chairman of the Negotiating Group for COSME EU Membership, 2017;
• National Coordinator for the European Small Business Act, 2017-2018;
• Member of the Task Force for Reforms of the World Bank Index, 2017-2018;
• Member of the Board and Chairman of the Risk Management Committee of the Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund, 2016-2018;
• Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Business Park in Drenas, 2015-2018;
• Member of the Advisory Group of the Platform, Enterprise Building and Enterprise Innovation in the Western Balkans, 2015-2018;
• Member of the Board of the Kosovo American Education Fund (KAEF), 2015-2018;
• Spokesperson for the Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK), 2018 onwards.
In the early parliamentary elections held on October 6, 2019, he ran for Member of Parliament, resulting in among the 6 most voted in the list of the Democratic League of Kosovo.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence